Solutions Labs funding will be available for labs that that focus on:
- resolving affordable housing challenges within the Strategy’s key priority areas or facing priority populations
- gathering a wide range of stakeholders including those with lived experiences to find solutions that are practical replicable, implementable, and deliverable within a realistic timeframe
- targeting the creation of prototype solutions such as technologies, policies, programs, or standards
Solutions Labs will be funded through an annual open-call process.
CMHC may fund Solutions Labs to support proponents applying for other National Housing Strategy funding to create new housing or modernize existing housing. This allows proponents to overcome barriers to their projects or to capitalize on opportunities to improve performance and enhance outcomes.
CMHC may also fund Solutions Labs on issues, challenges and opportunities identified by affordable housing partners and stakeholders outside of the open call process.
Recipients of Solutions Lab funding will report on their activities. This will include:
- pre-lab exploratory research
- lab activities
- lab participants
- prototypical solutions developed and tested
- road map development of next steps from prototype to wide scale uptake
CMHC will assess lab participant perceptions of the experience and awareness, knowledge and potential uptake of the solutions developed.